A cross-disciplinary master’s program focused on students applying knowledge in advanced product innovation and entrepreneurship topics with real-life clients.
The Master of Product Innovation (MPI) at VCU is designed for creative thinkers and doers from a wide range of undergraduate backgrounds who want to ideate and launch innovative products, projects and initiatives in the world’s most leading edge companies.
While students in the program come with design, engineering, psychology, business, and even social sciences and the arts, they all share common traits of unconventional thinking, a track record of producing highly creative work, and a collaborative and optimistic spirit.
If this sounds like you we’d love to meet you.
Designed around your needs and expectations
Health Care Innovation
What MPI graduates are saying...
"The MPI program allowed me to have the time and space to let my curiosity fly. I have been able to dive into a variety of topics and projects that have helped to shape my perspective on innovation and approaches to making an impact."
Product Manager at HBO Max, WarnerMedia
Class of 2020
"My experience at the da Vinci Center enabled me to pivot my career - I was able to expand my network of industry professionals and build a new network of collaborators and influencers."
Director of Strategy at Mobelux
Class of 2018
"The MPI program is where I honed my customer first mindset."
- Jimmy Ricks,
Product Manager, Conversational AI Products at Capital One
Class of 2018
As a student, you will graduate with the ability to...
- Plan, apply, and execute product innovation skills for developing and launching new products and services;
- Serve as an interface between different departments and disciplines within an organization;
- Become an effective product innovation team leader and project manager;
- Utilize innovation and entrepreneurial mindset and methodologies;
- Develop strategy and roadmaps for maximizing product innovation performance by teams and business units;
- Translate opportunities into product specifications, commercial concepts, and eventual new product introductions.
- Develop their own product, service or business and work towards capital.