VCU Innovate LLP equips innovative entrepreneurs with a human-centered design foundation to launch new ventures or products.
Early admission deadline: November 21, 2018
Final Deadline: January 23, 2019
- Are you a full-time undergraduate freshman or sophomore? (If you have 2+ years of undergraduate studies remaining may, you may also apply).
- Submit a Undergraduate da Vinci Application.
- On your application, check which certificate you are interested in earning. Also mark “VCU Innovate”if you are interested in housing.
VCU Innovate LLP Perks
- Two years of experience across a minimum of 4 client projects (ranging from non-profit, early-stage startups, accelerators, etc.)
- Internship and job placement focused in innovation, entrepreneurship and product development
- Trips, workshops and private interactions with regional and national investors, startups, mentors inventors, and entrepreneurs (60 hours of co-curricular)
- 2-year apartment style housing in Grace & Broad Residence Center, living among your peers
- Early course registration and housing sign-up
- 9-credit Certificate of Completion (detailed below)
Attend an event and keep in touch
Public events are listed on VCU Innovate’s EventBrite.
Connect with us on Twitter and Facebook!
Visit us at Grace & Broad Residence Center, 1010 West Grace Street, Richmond VA 23220
Email or Call us at (804) 828-1624
Certificate of Completion in Human Centered Design Program Requirements
- Students complete the following coursework and Live in Grace and Broad 2.
- Two-year residency in Grace & Broad Residence Hall
- Fulfill 60 hours of VCU Innovate co-curricular activities (speaker series, workshops, trips focused on innovation and entrepreneurship)
- Fulfill 20 hours of VCU Service (built into coursework through Service-Learning)