Master's of Product Innovation
The Master of Product Innovation (MPI) at VCU is designed for creative thinkers and doers from a wide range of undergraduate backgrounds who want to ideate and launch innovative products, projects and initiatives in some of the world’s most leading edge companies.
While students in our programs come with design, engineering, healthcare, business, and even social sciences and the arts, they all share common traits of unconventional thinking, a track record of producing highly creative work, and a collaborative and optimistic spirit.
If this sounds like you we’d love to meet you.
As a student, you will graduate with the ability to...
- Plan, apply, and execute product innovation skills for developing and launching new products and services;
- Serve as an interface between different departments and disciplines within an organization;
- Become an effective product innovation team leader and project manager;
- Utilize innovation and entrepreneurial mindset and methodologies;
- Develop strategy and roadmaps for maximizing product innovation performance by teams and business units;
- Translate opportunities into product specifications, commercial concepts, and eventual new product introductions.
- Develop their own product, service or business and work towards capital.
Learn more and apply!
The Master of Product Innovation requires a minimum of 30 graduate credit hours for completion.
The courses per semester listed below are based on a 13 month completion of the Master of Product Innovation program.
The MPI program allowed me to have the time and space to let my curiosity fly. I have been able to dive into a variety of topics and projects that have helped to shape my perspective on innovation and approaches to making an impact.
-Isaiah Harvin, Class of 2020
Product Manager at Disney+
My experience at the da Vinci Center enabled me to pivot my career - I was able to expand my network of industry professionals and build a new network of collaborators and influencers.
-Shannon Eastwood, Class of 2018
Senior Product Manager at Aquent
The MPI program is where I honed my customer first mindset.
- Jimmy Ricks, Class of 2018
Product Manager, Conversational AI Products at Capital One